More Performance, Intuitive Operation, More Variety
In mid-September, Treotham has released 19 new models of the Wenglor C5PC series of 1D/2D code scanners, once again expanding its portfolio with more powerful and easy-to-operate code scanners. The simple installation via Plug & Play in particular, as well as the intuitive, browser-based WebLink user interface or the uniform interface concept across all scanners, open up a large number of new application solutions for users.
The WebLink user interface pre-installed in each scanner guides users to install and set up the scanners, even without any programming knowledge. The decoding of codes can be started directly after the IP address has been entered. The scanners offered by Treotham can be easily integrated into systems thanks to the available interfaces such as digital IOs, RS-232, Ethernet TCP/IP, PROFINET and EtherNet/IPTM. “The two biggest advantages of the new series are the easy initial start-up and networking for users”, explains Mikael Paltoft, Managing Director, Treotham Automation.
The Right (Hardware) Solution for Every Application
From now on, the C5PC series provided will be available in variants with static focus or auto-focus, with resolutions of 0.3 megapixels, 1.2 megapixels or 5 megapixels and with optics in SD, HD or LR. There are seven different focal distances between 50 and 1,200 mm. With these hardware combinations, 1D and 2D codes can be read and decoded reliably, even if they have been printed, needle punched or lasered directly onto the object (also called DPM, Direct Part Marking). “With the new Wenglor C5PC range, we can provide a suitable product for every customer requirement”, says Mikael Paltoft. “From simple and complete codes to complex and incomplete or damaged codes, with a 25% higher reading performance than before”.
Quality Standards, Daisy Chain and Tamper Protection Round Off the Portfolio
All common standards for determining code quality are met with the scanners: ISO/IEC TR 29158 and EN 15415, EN 15416 and EN 16022. With CodeScan 360, up to eight scanners can be connected via daisy chain, providing a 360° visual field. This means that several scanners can be arranged in a circle around an object and connected together, for example. The code on the object is safely decoded by one of the scanners in the system, regardless of its position. The user not only receives secure all-round detection, but also the configuration and results are managed as it were a single scanner.
The scanners can also be password-protected for protection against manipulation. Different user roles and levels are available here in WebLink. The new Multishot Configuration Database is also located in WebLink. Here, users can select different configurations stored in the integrated database, after which the scanner automatically performs quick multiple scans at different positions as well as at different heights and brightness levels. The scanner processes these and evaluates them simultaneously. “This saves the user manual programming effort and thus a lot of time. The new generation of scanners are even stronger, easier to use and offer more practical features than ever before” says Mikael Paltoft.
The Highlights at a Glance
- Browser-based interface WebLink
- Easy installation thanks to Plug & Play
- Consistent interface concept (digital IOs, RS-232, Ethernet TCP/IP, PROFINET, EtherNet/IPTM)
- 360° decoding with CodeScan 360
- 19 new models available
- 25% higher read performance
- Compliance with standards to determine code quality: ISO/IEC TR 29158, EN 15415, EN 15416, EN 16022
- Protection against manipulation thanks to password protection
The Wenglor scanners are available from Treotham Automation.
- More Performance, Intuitive Operation, More Variety
- New U1RT Ultrasonic Distance Sensors
- Revolutionary weQube Smart Camera
- weFlux²micro: The smallest pressure sensor for high performance
- Innovative laser distance sensors with wintec set new standards
- uniVision 2.3: Image Processing Software Receives EtherNet/IP™ Interface
- uniVision 2.2 in August edition of 'New Zealand Manufacturer'
- VisionSystem2D: The Image Processing Solution
- Bin Picking – Pick the Right 3D Sensor
- UniVision 2.1 Software in November edition of 'Industry Update'